Primary Current Injection
KPM-PIK series primary current injection tester is applied in power system for circuit breaker test, protection system test and current transformer test. The current injection tester generates a high current from power supply to simulate the rated current or fault current in the primary circuit of power equipment.
This substation testing device is designed to grant high current output when needed in substation commissioning activities.
High current output up to 8000 A
Powerful output up to 35 kVA
Designed for primary injection testing of protection relays and circuit breakers, for commissioning and revamping of substations and electrical network
Modular design for easy transport
Functions and features:
1) High current output is injected to the main circuit of power line to simulate the fault current. And then check whether the protection system will be operated according to the design.
2) High current output is injected to the primary of current transformer and then measure the inducted current from secondary by error measurement instrument to check the ratio error and phase displacement of CT.
3) High current output is injected to the main circuit of circuit breaker to simulate the rated current in primary. And then check the stability of circuit breaker according to the temperature rise procedure.
4) It is considered as a AC high current source in power equipment or cable test.
5) It’s characterized as polar-less adjustment of output current, stable increase of current, large scope of load variation, reliable function, easy and safe operation and etc.
6) It’s ideal to adopt as current source equipment for current/temperature increase of industrial and mining equipments.
The display mode of current is customized according to the requirement of customer from the follow list:
1) Analog current meter, accuracy class 0.5
2) 4 and 1/2 digitals current meter, accuracy class 0.5
Timer indication of test running is an optional configuration. The timer could be customized according to the requirement of customer from the follow list:
1) 4 digital timer from 0~9999s / 0~999.9s /0~99.99s, accuracy
2) 5 digital timer from 0~99999s / 0~9999.9s /0~999.99s, accuracy 0.2%RDG+2D
3) 6 digital timer from 0~999999s / 0~99999.9s /0~9999.99s, accuracy